To maintain the integrity of the bonspiel the following eligibility requirements will be followed.
- The curling bonspiel is open to any team combination (open, men's, ladies, mixed).
- Each participant must meet the eligibility requirements listed below.
- Participants who are working in the agriculture industry are eligible.
- All teams must have a minimum of three players that meet the eligibility requirements.
- The non-eligible player will not be granted eligible, carry-over or exception status in future years.
- Agriculture Industry includes farmers, suppliers, manufacturers, etc. (if related to the agriculture industry.)
- A participant that has been eligible a minimum of 10 years and loses that eligibility due to changing careers.
- Eligibility carry-over for one year applies in case of a career change and the above exception does not apply.
- The bonspiel committee will have the final decision if the participant is eligible to curl under this special category.
- Retirees meet eligibility if they have retired from a career listed above and been eligible for 10 years.
- The team skip (or contact person) is responsible for ensuring their players are eligible when sending in the entry.
- Any questions inquiring whether a participant qualifies, please contact Bonspiel Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Team changes after sending in the entry require committee approval before the start of the Bonspiel.
- The Bonspiel Committee will review all team entries prior to accepting a team into the bonspiel.
- The Bonspiel Committee will contact the team skip to confirm player’s eligibility as required.
- In the event that the bonspiel draw is not full, the committee reserves the right to fill the draw with non-eligible players and/or teams. If a team or player does not meet the eligibility requirements they will not be granted eligibility carry-over status.
- All teams, and individual curlers, are required to present themselves in a manner which maintains the integrity and conduct associated within the All Ontario Farmers Bonspiel. The Committee will consider any offending team or individuals, and has the right to refuse future entry of the offending player(s).